poi-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLFTextRun definition
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:10:45 GMT
On 18.12.18 20:47, paoim101084 wrote:
> Will support all available font family or just get the last one of Array?

Although you could easily try that yourself, before posting in the mailing list - the answer
is: "it depends", not all font families can be used in Powerpoint - I would only use True-Type-Fonts
and maybe Open-Type-Fonts, not bitmap fonts. This also depends what is available on your client
PC systems, so I would use the usual suspects like "Arial", "Courier New" - there is also
a font substitution available in Powerpoint, but that goes a bit beyond the scope now.

Registering the font family is only necessary if you want to calculate the table height, because
internally the table is rendered to pixels. So outside of your use case you can specify any
font family you like.

It's also possible to provide embedded fonts and I have an outdated implementation for this
in [1], but there are some drawbacks [2].

[1] https://github.com/kiwiwings/pptx-shape-exporter

[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47920767/how-to-add-custom-fonts-in-apache-poi-ppt
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-user/201310.mbox/%3C525B017B.90804@gmx.de%3E