poi-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Friedrich <Stephen.Friedr...@mgm-tp.com>
Subject poi: Simple Excel Array Formula Fails in POI
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 10:19:36 GMT
In our project we use POI to "calculate" an Excel workbook that is managed by a business analyst.

In the last revision we had very strange results and I tracked it down to POI not really supporting
array formulas.
I made a test excel and project where it fails for this simple formula

    { =MIN(IF(A1:A6>=C1;A1:A6)) }

The strange thing is that it works sometimes, but fails for other values.
If this is not supported I would be OK with a hard failure as soon as the formula is evaluated.
But here there are no exceptions at all, but the formula just gives wrong results for some
values.

See the example project including an automated test at https://github.com/eekboom/poi-minif