poi-user mailing list archives

From Eliot Kimber <ekim...@contrext.com>
Subject Any Idea Why Word Does not Preserve Leading or Trailing Space?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2018 20:21:07 GMT
In the DOCX I'm generating I have this pair of runs:

<w:r><w:t>If an applicant under subsection</w:t></w:r><w:r><w:t
xml:space="preserve"> 38-79</w:t></w:r>

Notice the leading space in the second run (" 38-79").

When I view this with Word for Mac (16.16) the space is not rendered.

This seems like a bug, especially since space is preserve on the w:t element.

Any idea why Word behaves this way and if there's a way to avoid it (other than merging the
two runs, which in this case have the same properties)?

This is DOCX being generated from XML source where the runs reflect separate source nodes
(in this case a text node and then an inline element).

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber