poi-user mailing list archives

From giazo <giacomo.zor...@gmail.com>
Subject XSLFTextRun definition
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2018 16:27:11 GMT
Hey all,

I'm currently working on a tool that is required, between other things, to
fill some XSLFAutoShapes containing placeholder text with actual text,
inside a pptx file.
I'd like to be able to apply the formatting (font
color/size/bold/italic/underlined) of the placeholder to the actual text
that will replace it.
I'm having partial success: while getting the aforementioned textRun
properties isn't a problem, the XSLFTextRun itself seems to vary: the text
it contains is not the text I expect it to contain.

I am working under the assumption that a XSLFTextRun is a String of chars
which share the same set of formatting properties and doesn't contain any
newlines.
Is there an official definition of what a XSLFTextRun is?

I found a StackOverflow post where someone was replying that XSLFTextRun are
somewhat decided by the office suite that generated the pptx/docx/xslx, but
I can't find it now for the life of me. I got it bookmarked on my machine at
my workplace, but I cannot access it remotely, so I'll be able to retrieve
it only just monday.
In the meanwhile I'd like to start thinking to a different solution, if this
turns out to be true.

Thanks in advance

Giacomo