poi-user mailing list archives

From Eliot Kimber <ekim...@contrext.com>
Subject General Mechanism in WXPF Code for Managing CT IDs?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:32:50 GMT
For footnotes I need to set a unique ID on each newly-created getCTFtnEdn. In my personal code
I was maintaining my own global ID counter that I used to set IDs on things.

However, I'm not finding a similar mechanism in the POI code--is there one or is there a reliable
technique for constructing new IDs, e.g., based on the size of lists of things? I'm pretty
sure footnote IDs only need to be unique across the footnotes but I'm not 100% sure on the
general semantics of IDs in OOXML.

Searching for "setId" I'm not finding any hits outside the test cases, so either this is something
the current API just doesn't need to do (because it doesn’t automatically create objects
that require IDs) or I'm missing where ID setting happens.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber