poi-user mailing list archives

From Chen Young <chin.you...@outlook.com>
Subject Loading/closing an excel took too much time
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:05:13 GMT
I'm using the following code to load and close an existing excel.

workbook = new XSSFWorkbook(file);
workbook.close()

Creating XSSFWorkbook took almost 200ms and closing it took almost 100ms.

In this excel, there're some formula cells which refer to other excels. Is this the reason
for slowing?
I have more than 3000 files to deal with. So it's too slow for me.
Though multiple-thread doubles the speed, I still want to improve more.

I just want to read contents from these files and won't make any changes to them.
Is there a workround to improve loading/closing speed?