poi-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSSFWorkbook throws outofMemoryError
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:49:51 GMT
50 mb compressed can easily be several hundred MBs uncompressed. Especially with Java Datentypes.
You should increase the memory by at least 2 other GB, if you want to stay with your current
solution.

Depending on your workbook structure you could skip reading sheets which are not relevant
or just read one after the other. The following example uses this as part of hybrid streaming,
but you could follow the same approach with the normal api(read only one sheet and ignore
the others):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xssf/streaming/examples/HybridStreaming.java

I use the streaming classes as part of HadoopOffice (including support for encryption and
digital signature) it is not so difficult to use.