poi-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Reichel <andr...@manticore-projects.com>
Subject Re: Apache POI: Content Issue while processing huge excel file with SXSSF
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:45:58 GMT
Thamodharam,

we use Apache POI 3.18 development snapshot and have no problem to
create SXSSF workbooks of 300 MByte, with up to 1 Mill. Rows and around
40 columns. On the server, that took up to 20 GB of RAM.
However, we were never able to open such files with Libre Office,
Gnumeric or Excel (while plenty of resources were available on the
client computer). The spreadsheet programs just freeze.

The interesting part is: We exactly the same framework, we are good to
create SXSSF workbooks of 100 MByte (or less) which actually open in
Libre Office and Gnumeric and Excel quite fast.

We are not sure, if there is a limitation in the Spread Sheet programs
or Apache POI hits a problem.

Cheers