poi-user mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSSFWorkbook isHidden implementation
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 02:45:32 GMT
Yudai Yamaguchi-san,

How are you planning on using workbook visibility?

My understanding of workbook visibility, using Excel 2013 (no longer a
multiple document interface) is that at least one workbook view must be
visible (Excel disallows saving an all-hidden workbook), and each sheet
defines a sheetviews list with one entry per workbook view.

There are quite a few gotchas to getting book views working in POI without
creating xlsx files that Excel will declare are corrupt.

If your use case is a workbook that already contains multiple workbook
views and you need to change the visibility of the first workbook view,
then we can skip adding and removing workbook views to a workbook.
Otherwise, some research is needed to implement the dependent features
before implementing boolean isHidden(int) and void setHidden(int, boolean),
or possibly Enum WorbookViewVisibility { visible, hidden, very_hidden }.