poi-user mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conditional Formatting issue
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 17:28:34 GMT
It took me the better part of a week to get tests running the first time I
set it up.  And I thought I was good with Ant and Eclipse, and passable
with Maven. Just a lot of moving parts.

Do you have a full stack trace for the error?  Seeing where it comes from
may help me dig into it.

I checked all the POI calls to Calendar.setTime(Date) that could pass a
null Date and trigger that NPE, and came up with these possibilities.

most of these are long shots, as they only throw an unexpected NPE from the
line you indicate when the input double is -Double.MIN_VALUE.  Probably not
very helpful.

* WorkdayCalculator.calculateWorkdays(...) -- used by various functions
* WorkdayCalculator.isWeekend(...) -- used by various functions
* WorkdayCalculator.pastDaysOfWeek(...) -- used by various functions
* These formula function implementations don't check for null/invalid
dates, can end up throwing this NPE
** WeekNum.evaluate()
** EDate.evaluate()
** EOMonth.evaluate()