poi-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Mark" <murphym...@metalexmfg.com>
Subject RE: XSSFWorkbook isHidden implementation
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:25:05 GMT
For sheets, once again Excel 2016, I cannot hide the last visible sheet. So it appears that
Excel handles Sheets and workbooks differently. One potential reason to have hidden workbooks
is if you have a workbook with just macros in it, and you have that in your XLSTART library
[User library]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Excel/XLSTART, then that workbook will open every
time you open Excel, and you really want that workbook to be hidden, but open with no visible
window views.

-----Original Message-----
From: Javen O'Neal [mailto:onealj@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 10:46 PM
To: POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: XSSFWorkbook isHidden implementation

Yudai Yamaguchi-san,

How are you planning on using workbook visibility?

My understanding of workbook visibility, using Excel 2013 (no longer a multiple document interface)
is that at least one workbook view must be visible (Excel disallows saving an all-hidden workbook),
and each sheet defines a sheetviews list with one entry per workbook view.

There are quite a few gotchas to getting book views working in POI without creating xlsx files
that Excel will declare are corrupt.

If your use case is a workbook that already contains multiple workbook views and you need
to change the visibility of the first workbook view, then we can skip adding and removing
workbook views to a workbook.
Otherwise, some research is needed to implement the dependent features before implementing
boolean isHidden(int) and void setHidden(int, boolean), or possibly Enum WorbookViewVisibility
{ visible, hidden, very_hidden }.