poi-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Mark" <murphym...@metalexmfg.com>
Subject RE: XSSFWorkbook isHidden implementation
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:18:11 GMT
In my testing, Excel 2016, I can hide a workbook by selecting View->Hide. I can do that
even if it is the only workbook open. The XML is in workbook.xml and looks like this:

<bookViews>
   <workbookView windowHeight="9600" windowWidth="17595" yWindow="255" xWindow="225" visibility="hidden"/>
</bookViews>

I can close out of Excel with the only workbook hidden, and it allows me to save it as hidden.
When I re-open that workbook, it starts out hidden.

-----Original Message-----
From: Javen O'Neal [mailto:onealj@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 10:46 PM
To: POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: XSSFWorkbook isHidden implementation

Yudai Yamaguchi-san,

How are you planning on using workbook visibility?

My understanding of workbook visibility, using Excel 2013 (no longer a multiple document interface)
is that at least one workbook view must be visible (Excel disallows saving an all-hidden workbook),
and each sheet defines a sheetviews list with one entry per workbook view.

There are quite a few gotchas to getting book views working in POI without creating xlsx files
that Excel will declare are corrupt.

If your use case is a workbook that already contains multiple workbook views and you need
to change the visibility of the first workbook view, then we can skip adding and removing
workbook views to a workbook.
Otherwise, some research is needed to implement the dependent features before implementing
boolean isHidden(int) and void setHidden(int, boolean), or possibly Enum WorbookViewVisibility
{ visible, hidden, very_hidden }.