poi-user mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read XSSFPivotTable to chart
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 15:00:31 GMT
There is currently no api for creating charts.  As someone working with
reading charts with POI, I can say it will be a major undertaking to create
from scratch.  You might find it easier to start with a template workbook
with a chart defined in Open Office or Excel, and then just edit the data
with POI and save new copies. That has worked for me in the past when I
needed to create files with features not yet supported by POI.

I haven't heard anyone volunteer to write a chart creation api, so POI
won't support that any time soon.