poi-user mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new XWPFDocument(fis) is blocked
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 17:22:55 GMT
> blocked
> no exception or error is reported

Either `new XWPFDocument(is)` returns a document, null (unlikely), or
throws an exception. Which one is it? "Blocked" isn't specific enough to me
to describe what happens.

On May 17, 2017 6:46 AM, "xjtuzxh" <xiaohui.zhang@transwarp.io> wrote:

hi all,
    This is my first topic on POI, I am from china so my English is a little
poor.

    I am trying  extract text from *.docx file which can be opened using the
following code, but it is blocked when executing this statement:
document = new XWPFDocument(is);
no exception or error is reported. so how to debug.

CODE:
InputStream is = new FileInputStream(file);
System.out.println(is.available());
document = new XWPFDocument(is);
extractor = new XWPFWordExtractor(document);
writer.write(extractor.getText());
writer.flush();

version of poi jars: 3.16