poi-user mailing list archives

From David Law <David....@apconsult.de>
Subject Re: Java API for Excel
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 15:04:48 GMT
Hi,

one thing was not quite clear about the original question:
do you actually need the Excel at all?
or is the sole purpose of the exercise just to generate a CSV-File for
your upload?

And even if you do need the Excel, it would seem easier just to change the
Programme to write the CSV as a second file without having to use POI
for that bit.

Surely, the Excel CSV-Format is just a question of using other
delimiters between fields?
(and maybe quoting/escaping any strings containing delimiters, which is
absolutely trivial)

All the best,
DaveLaw