poi-user mailing list archives

From "Rajeev Ramachandran"<rajeev...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache POI and WIndows Server 2012 R2
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:35:42 GMT
We have a set of utility programs which reads an .xlsx file for some input data and generate
reports, Apache POI is used for this purpose. Excel file got 8 sheets with an average of 50
rows and 20 columns of data. Everything was working fine in normal Windows 7 box (Read developers
machine). The file reading will get finished in few seconds.

Recently we moved these jobs to a Windows Server 2012 R2 box and we have noticed that the
last sheet in the excel file takes lots of time to finish reading. I have duplicated the last
sheet to confirm that this is not the data issue and executed the job, the second last sheet(
was the last one in the previous execution) got finished reading in milli seconds and the
last one (duplicated sheet) got again stuck for 15 minutes. My best guess here is that this
may be because the time taken to close the file is getting too high but that is just a guess
and no concrete evidence to prove that, also if that is the case I am not sure why so. Only
difference between working Windows boxes and non-working boxes are the OS, rest all configurations
are similar. I have analyzed the heap and thread dump and no issues found.

Is there any known compatibility issues with POI and Windows server boxes? Or is it something
related to code? We are using POI-XSSF implementation.