poi-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Apache POI support for Excel Slicer feature
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 18:39:57 GMT
Hi,

Most likely there is no support for this yet, it seems this was a rather
recent addition to Excel, so you best would limit this to the .xlsx/XSSF
file format to avoid having to dig into .xls/HSSF.

First I would look at the spec for the formats which we link at
http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html#FileFormatInformation, if the feature
is described there it will provide information about which parts of the
XML-structures you can start looking at.

I suggest you start taking a look at compiling POI described on the page
mentioned before and also take a quick look at the spec for this part, then
we can better discuss code-places that are likely affected and how it can
be implemented.

Also let's use the dev-list for further communication on this topics then.

Dominik.