poi-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException while opening XLSX files
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 09:09:15 GMT
Might be that one dependency loads a different version of the parser?

> On 25 Jan 2017, at 10:04, Christian Castelli <christian.castelli@habble.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> when I deploy my web application on a different machine other than mine I receive this
Exception when I try to open XLSX files with

> Workbook wb = WorkbookFactory.create(new File(IVENTORY_TEMPLATE));
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration
cannot be cast to org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration

> I'm using POI 3.15 in a multi-module maven web application (web, ejb, jpa) packaged as
an EAR archive. I've attached here the complete stacktrace and my maven dependency tree from
EAR project. Can you spot a misconfiguration or do you have any advice on how to solve this
issue? We're pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the Excel files (created both with Excel
2007 and OpenOffice).