poi-user mailing list archives

From Blake Watson <blake.wat...@pnmac.com>
Subject Addressing sheets with spaces, etc.
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:16:27 GMT
In my Linking External Workbooks subject, I was coming up with a lot of
"Invalid sheetIndex: -1" errors, which I was able to trace to a sheet named
"This-Hyphenated-Name With Spaces Too".

If I change it to "ThisHyphenatedNameWithSpacesToo" the link now works, and
this is something I've found consistently across POI: No spaces or special
characters (except underscore, I think).

But if I use the WorkbookUtil createSafeSheetName function and pass
it "This-Hyphenated-Name With Space", it comes back
with "This-Hyphenated-Name With Space". Sure enough, by the rules, that
should be legit.

So, what am I missing? Is it just that it's one thing to create references
and another to read them?

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*