poi-user mailing list archives

From Blake Watson <blake.wat...@pnmac.com>
Subject Re: Linking External Workbooks
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:20:03 GMT
​Thanks for the assist, Nick!
​

> ​>​
> That's just how Excel stores it for XLSX files. The link table provides
> the mapping between those indexes and the names shown in Excel. When POI
> hits one of those, it goes to the link table to find the name of the file,
> then checks for a setup referenced workbook with that name to resolve
> things with

​So, when POI sees the [1] how does it know that that should map to
"myspreadsheet.xlsx"? Because the setupReferenced​Workbooks map is
"name"->evaluator. I feel like not knowing this is the key to my confusion.

> Take a look at
> ​​
> TestXSSFFormulaEvaluation method
> ​​
> testReferencesToOtherWorkbooks() + referenced test files for how it ought
> to work

​Looking at that now. I notice that the test doesn't actually change any
values, it just checks to see that the value is the same in the referencing
spreadsheet before and after.​

> Can you create two very simple workbooks, both with 2 sheets, one with a
> handful of data cells in, the other with your formula, which shows the
> problem? If so, please upload them to bugzilla along with a small junit
> unit test, and we'll take a look
>
> ​The simple case doesn't return this so I must have introduced another
​issue. If it recurs and I can recreate, I'll file a bugzilla report.

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*
Application Development Manager