poi-user mailing list archives

From Fende <bfe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem opening Excel files
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 09:00:27 GMT
Thank you for your comment but it is not a problem of format.

I have a number about fourteen million, and we use the default format.

If you check the value of the cell when is open in a bad way you only
can see the first digit, i.e. "1". The format string of the cell is
something similar to #.###.

If you open the file using doble-click from the Windows Explorer the
value is ok. If you save the file using Excel, next time you open the
file everything is ok. It doesn't matter the way you open it. *So Excel
saves the cell in a different way that POI did it*.

It seems that the problem could be related to the type of thousands and
decimal separator i have defined in my operating system.