poi-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Finding document language?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:24:51 GMT
Again, this may miss the mark of the document language.

This [1] points out how to get the language from each run in HWPF: CharacterRun.getLanguageCode();

in XWPF, the lang can be stored in the run's properties:
<w:r><w:rPr><w:lang w:bidi="ar-QA"/></w:rPr><w:t xml:space="preserve">here
is the text</w:t>

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28904283/generate-a-word-document-using-different-languages

-----Original Message-----
From: Branden Visser [mailto:mrvisser@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:22 AM
To: POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Finding document language?

Hi Timothy, thanks for your reply.

I'm not trying to learn what the language of a document is, I'm actually just trying to see
if the language of the document was set and if so, what it was set to. That said, do you recall
how to get the language metadata?

Thanks,
Branden

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Allison, Timothy B. <tallison@mitre.org> wrote:
> This doesn't answer your question on HWPF.
>
> Last I looked at this, a few years ago, I figured out how to get the
> language via OLE, and it was so rarely populated that it was better to
> run language id on the extracted content.  For language id (in Java),
> consider optimaize or yalder

the custom properties in XWPF, but is there a similar API available in HWPF?