poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: POI not parsing these XLS file
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:40:30 GMT
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Andrew Munn wrote:
> I can not get POI to parse these XLS files being generated by Bloomberg
> into something useful.  I can use Tika to parse them into one long
> line of HTML but then there are no cell breaks or line breaks.
>
> http://www.topazdevelopment.com/tmp/poi/2010-cal-eu.xls

This is not an Excel .xls or .xlsx file. Instead, it's one of those
strange Microsoft "Excel" xml files, which just uses a single xml file to
hold a stripped-down version of the spreadsheet

Apache POI only supports .xls and .xlsx files, you'll need to write your
own XML parsing code to handle these XML files

Nick