poi-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Munn <and...@nmedia.net>
Subject POI not parsing these XLS file
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:37:44 GMT
I am using poi 3.15

I can not get POI to parse these XLS files being generated by Bloomberg
into something useful.  I can use Tika to parse them into one long
line of HTML but then there are no cell breaks or line breaks.

http://www.topazdevelopment.com/tmp/poi/2010-cal-eu.xls

Tika indentifies as:

X-TIKA:digest:MD5: 132c9c6bb186b7dea86f7da08f18c672
X-TIKA:digest:SHA256:
badef53ab482d611d4345323c625ac048d76dd3af23a69a98ed86cbe8bf53304
resourceName: 2010-cal-eu.xls

if I do:

  org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook workbook = WorkbookFactory.create(myFile);

I get:

org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Your
InputStream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream

I can open these files in Excel and LibreOffice.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!