poi-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Price <joseph.pr...@numbersplace.com>
Subject Validating office files without saving them
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:19:24 GMT
Hello,

I am using POI to determine whether or not an existing office file is valid.  For Excel files,
I am using

    Workbook workbook = WorkbookFactory.create(java.io.File file);

If that succeeds without throwing an exception, I assume the file is valid, and then I close
it in a finally block:

    workbook.close();

The problem is that the close method is saving the file, which I don't want.  Is there a way
to close the workbook without modifying the file on disk?

Thanks,

Joe