poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digging into Conditionals....
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:40:03 GMT
On Tue, 29 Mar 2016, Blake Watson wrote:
>> I did a bit of stuff on it, enough to solve a $DAYJOB need, then stopped
>> again. Creation and Reading should both cover most things you want.
>> Modifying ought to have most things, but might need more work, especially
>> as it probably doesn't check enough to ensure you haven't put it in a bad
>> state...
>
> ​Fortunately, we're not doing any modifying. Just trying to get to the
> point where we can​ ask "What color should this cell be?"

You might be best off trying harder than I did to get someone at Vaardin
to contribute some/most/all of their conditional format evaluation stuff
back to POI then

Otherwise, look at how the formatter evaluation stuff we already have for
data format strings like [red]#;[green]# works, and plan on expanding that
with help from things like FormulaParser and FormulaEvaluator

Nick