poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Digging into Conditionals....
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 23:17:43 GMT
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, Blake Watson wrote:
> We're trying to figure out how to apply conditionals to our spreadsheets,
> and have noticed that it looks like some work is being done in this area

I did a bit of stuff on it, enough to solve a $DAYJOB need, then stopped
again. Creation and Reading should both cover most things you want.
Modifying ought to have most things, but might need more work, especially
as it probably doesn't check enough to ensure you haven't put it in a bad
state...

Evaluation is a big missing piece, at least in POI. The folks at Vaardin
have done some work on it, but I can't get any of them to reply to my
emails about merging it back in :(

> currently (as in new to 3.14). There's a new CTColorScaleImpl class, and
> it contains these baffling lines:
>
> import org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTColorScaleImpl.1CfvoList;
> import org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTColorScaleImpl.1ColorList;

Those will have been there for a long time in the full schemas jar,
they're auto-compiled from the official file format spec XSDs. However,
the work I did on XSSF CFs, and especially the unit tests, have pulled
them into the smaller schemas jar. You probably want to use the full
ooxml-schemas jar when doing new stuff, until we get the unit tests to
drag them over

Otherwise, build a spreadsheet like you want in excel, save, unzip the
.xlsx and read the xml to see what's needed!

Nick