poi-user mailing list archives

From Paul Slootweg <psloot...@edwtech.com>
Subject Re: Simple example doesn't open in Excel 2010
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:27:55 GMT
I had a feeling it might be something like that.
Unfortunately the path has a LOT of jars - I'm trying to find out what
other dependencies there might be.

The listed dependencies don't go much beyond xmlbeans...

I'm running in Eclipse - trying to upgrade from POI 3.6 but need to only
update dependencies as required.

Paul

From:   Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org>
To:     POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>
Date:   18/03/2016 20:16
Subject:        Re: Simple example doesn't open in Excel 2010

The namespaces declarations are missing in several files, e.g.
<Relationships> instead of <Relationships xmlns="
http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/relationships">

This looks like there might be a xmlapis.jar or similar conflict.
Which JARs are in your path?
Where do you start it from? ... Eclipse, some Android plattform, web
application ...

Andi

On 18.03.2016 21:03, Paul Slootweg wrote:
> Yes, I tried closing streams etc. makes no difference.
>
> No mixed POI
>
> Paul
>

> From:   Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org>
> To:     POI Users List <user@poi.apache.org>
> Date:   18/03/2016 19:22
> Subject:        Re: Simple example doesn't open in Excel 2010
>

> Excel 2016 and Libre Office don't complain.
> Can you upload you generated file somewhere - so i can compare it
against
> mine?
> my first guess was, that I would close the FileOutputStream ... but at
> least in my environment your code works.
> I assume you have read the FAQ and don't mix POI versions and use the
> latest schemas ...
>
> Andi
>
> On 18.03.2016 20:09, Paul Slootweg wrote:
>>   Workbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook();
>>
>>     Sheet sh = wb.createSheet("Sheet1");
>>
>>     Row r = sh.createRow(0);
>>
>>     Cell c = r.createCell(0);
>>     c.setCellValue("Cell1");
>>
>>     wb.write(new FileOutputStream("file.xlsx"));

> [PP-Node-1]
>
> EDW Technology Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 3112883 and VAT number 667767961.
> Registered office: EDW House, 3 Radian Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes,
MK5 8PJ