poi-user mailing list archives

From Adrián Schwartzkopf <schwartzkopf.adr...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache POI 3.14 Exception - The maximum column width for an individual cell is 255 characters.
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:29:35 GMT
Hello,

I actually use Apache POI 3.14  to generate an *SXSSFWorkbook* with
*SXSSFSheet*.
I use the sheet.*trackAllColumnsForAutoSizing();* option and the
*workbook.write(out);* method to write the XLS to an outpustream, but I
become the following Exception:

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The maximum column
width for an individual cell is 255 characters.
	at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.setColumnWidth(XSSFSheet.java:2386)
	at org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming.SXSSFSheet.setColumnWidth(SXSSFSheet.java:274)*

As I understand there was a Bug by the HssfSheet regarding this in the
older versions of POI, but it should be fixed:
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/autoSizeColumn-setColumnWidth-passed-255-td4759807.html

Have you an idea how can I fix this?

Thank you.

Br,