poi-user mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <javenon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to open word document in android studio
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 05:03:12 GMT
Apache POI is a non-graphical library for reading and writing Microsoft
Office files. It's typically used for ingesting, generating, or updating
Office files from external data sources without needing to have Microsoft
Office installed on the computer.

I don't think POI is the solution to your problem if you're looking for a
library to graphically display and edit Word files.

Writing a front-end for POI is multi-year effort that's unlikely to gain
enough interest to become a reality.