poi-user mailing list archives

From Blake Watson <blake.wat...@pnmac.com>
Subject Re: Digging into Conditionals....
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:04:11 GMT
​Thanks for the response, Nick. Been digesting.
​

> I did a bit of stuff on it, enough to solve a $DAYJOB need, then stopped
> again. Creation and Reading should both cover most things you want.
> Modifying ought to have most things, but might need more work, especially
> as it probably doesn't check enough to ensure you haven't put it in a bad
> state...

​Fortunately, we're not doing any modifying. Just trying to get to the
point where we can​ ask "What color should this cell be?"

> Evaluation is a big missing piece, at least in POI. The folks at Vaardin
> have done some work on it, but I can't get any of them to reply to my
> emails about merging it back in :(

​Bummer.​

> currently (as in new to 3.14). There's a new CTColorScaleImpl class, and
>> it contains these baffling lines:
>>
>> import
>> org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTColorScaleImpl.1CfvoList;
>> import
>> org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTColorScaleImpl.1ColorList;
>>

> ​​
> Those will have been there for a long time in the full schemas jar,
> they're auto-compiled from the official file format spec XSDs. However, the
> work I did on XSSF CFs, and especially the unit tests, have pulled them
> into the smaller schemas jar. You probably want to use the full
> ooxml-schemas jar when doing new stuff, until we get the unit tests to drag
> them over

How is it ​they can start with a numeral?

> Otherwise, build a spreadsheet like you want in excel, save, unzip the
> .xlsx and read the xml to see what's needed!

The problem with that approach is that I don't have control over incoming
spreadsheets. I don't have to support everything up front, but the more I
support, the better.

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*