poi-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Mark" <murphym...@metalexmfg.com>
Subject RE: How to open word document in android studio
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:55:26 GMT
This all makes sense up until the point that you say: However this code is working in eclipse...

What code is working in eclipse? The app you are trying to create? Code you wrote (using the
POI API) to retrieve the contents of a word doc and print it to the console? Or are you talking
about going into eclipse, finding the document, and opening it from the project tree like
you would open a source file? If the latter, then it looks like Eclipse is actually using
Word as an external editor to open the document, and rendering it in a window within the eclipse
workspace. You are going to have to talk to the Android Studio guys to see how Android Studio
handles that, if indeed Android Studio is able to use Word as an external editor at all. I
would be willing to bet that this only works on Windows for Eclipse, though Eclipse may be
able to use some other editor like Open Office on Linux.

So bottom line, what exactly are you looking for? Such as: I am doing _____, or I am executing
the following code: ______________, and ________________ happens, but I expect ______________
to happen. Be as specific as you can. Include code or navigation paths. Then maybe someone
here can help you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pratibha Mache [mailto:Pratibha_Mache@symantec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:59 PM
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: How to open word document in android studio

Thank you for your quick response!
Yes i'm trying to create an app, which actually view the doc file contents.
But,as below you said that Apache POI doesn't provide any library to  view the doc file.
So,now I'm trying to only read the doc file content and print on console in android studio
version 1.5.
I want this to work in android studio version 1.5, but whenever I'm trying it is giving me
an error which I am not able to understand.
However this code is working in eclipse so maybe this problem is specific to android studio.
I just want to know if this library is compatible with android studio or only eclipse.
If it is compatible with android studio then please tell me the steps for reading the doc
file. Awaiting your response.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,
Pratibha Mache