poi-user mailing list archives

From Romain André-Lovichi <romain.andrelovi...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to refresh embedded content in a pptx using Apache POI?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 13:00:53 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

> As a result, I would like to "refresh" the pre-rendered version: do

> you know how I can do that with Apache POI? (or at least "zap" this

> pre-rendered version and hope that Powerpoint will re-render it when I

> open the slideshow).

I've implemented some code for the old format - see "unsolved issue" in [1].

The problem is, embedded objects are AFAIK not updated automatically, only
when they are activated (via double-click).

So you could replace the preview image, but POI currently can't provide you
with a spreadsheet thumbnail.

If you need code for a "please double click me" image, I could put something
together.

                [1]
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2849102/embedding-hssfexcel-into-hslfppt
-using-apache-poi>
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2849102/embedding-hssfexcel-into-hslfppt-
using-apache-poi

If I understand correctly, I can use your code to generate a preview image
(such as a “please double click me” JPEG image), but unfortunately this
preview won’t be the updated spreadsheet. Is that correct?

Do you know how this preview is stored in the new format (.pptx, office
2007)?

I’ve tried to convert the .pptx file to a .zip archive, unzip it, and browse
its content, but so far I didn’t found this “preview” in the underlying
files.

Maybe we can manipulate the object representing this preview with Apache
POI?

My apologies if I misunderstood something: I’m quite new in the Apache POI
World!

Thanks again, and best regards,

--

Romain