poi-user mailing list archives

From Mike DeHaan <m...@mikeandzoya.com>
Subject SSPerformanceTest: Is the FAQ still accurate?
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:00:59 GMT
I'm having performance issues with POI and noticed the example test files
on the FAQ:

https://poi.apache.org/faq.html#faq-N10109

I've executed SSPerformanceTest on 3 machines so far with similar results.
The code will not execute faster than 18-22 seconds.

I have a more detailed description on StackOverflow including a sample
Maven project on github that should demonstrate the issue:

StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34246083/apache-poi-performance

GitHub:
https://github.com/mikedehaan/poi-test

The FAQ says if I can't get the code to run in under 3 seconds then "the
problem is with your environment". I'm not sure what else to check in my
environment.

I appreciate your time in considering this matter.

-Mike De Haan