poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Most compatible powerpoint strategy
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:23:16 GMT
Consider a template approach. Create a template pptx file with video and
text placeholders. Make sure you can open it in various versions of
PowerPoint.
Use POI to modify the template and insert the actual data. Use XSLF to
update text. To replace video you will need to replace the placeholder
video files in /ppt/media/*.*, this can be done using the OpenXML4J API.
You will need to analyze the XML to know which video file belongs to which
slide, etc.

With this approach you only update data in a file created in PowerPoint and
it should guarantee the file opens correctly everywhere .

Regards,
Yegor