poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Advice on tracking down an error thrown by evaluateAllFormulaCells()
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:55:50 GMT
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Javen O'Neal wrote:
> Nick Burch said:
>> See http://people.apache.org/~yegor/apachecon_us2010/Evaluation_Of_Excel_Formulas_In_POI.pptx
>> for information on how evaluation works, functions, ptgs etc, if it's new to you
>
> This presentation would have been helpful when I was first learning
> how POI parses formulas. I couldn't find a link to this presentation
> on the POI website, and it has some content that isn't in [1], [2], or
> [3], which were the resources I used to learn how POI parses formulas.
> How should we make this information available on the POI website?

Ideally we'd want someone to take the information, and drop it into the
relevant parts of the website. Maybe also tidy up a few bits of those
pages at the same time, based on what's coming over.

Short term I guess we could add a link to it from the eval dev guide?

One for anyone, not only committers - any volunteers to go through the
presentation, and write up on a per-slide basis something like: p2 already
on eval page, p3 should go to eval devguide page, p4 out of date, etc ?

Thanks
Nick