poi-user mailing list archives

From Николай Кудрявцев <nicky1...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: CTTblPr doesn't contain methods for operating with tblCaption
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 20:21:49 GMT
Thank you for your reply!

I can't edit XML by hand. My goal is to generate ready reports with dynamic number of rows
and columns in tables only by means of Java libraries using one template. I use xDocReport
and it works almost fine, except I need to edit gridSpan tag of my tables' headers in XML
after template processing. Of couse, programmatically, besause I need to get fully ready report
in output. And here I use POI. But I have to find each table in my program by some name, and,
as I said, it is possible only by searching by tblCaption tag (that I can define in my template).
And it would be perfect to have convinient methods to get this tag from table parameters rather
than to parse CTTblPr's XML.

I wanted to hear if someone could add these methods to the library or not. Since, as you said,
they are genereted automatically and no one can help me with this, I am no more worried about
parsing raw XML :)