poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: POI XSSF and ClipBoard issue
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:03:18 GMT
I looked back at your first post and found that you could xpecify BIFF8 when
you recover the contents of the Clipboard. Well, the older binary file
format for Excel was BIFF8 and POI can work with that. Try creating an
HSSFWorkbook from the contents of the clipboard rather than an XSSFWorkbook.
No promises but that might work. Alternatively, take a look at what you
recover from the Clipboard using the various options open to you. To be able
to create an XSSFWorkbook you will be looking for a zipped archive that
contains various files and folders. My first step would be to try with the
BIFF8 option and an HSSFWorkbook though - no promises but that might work
for you.

PS. I did check further and that fragment of XML does relate to an earlier
file format - Office 2003 xml - an example of which can be found here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_XML_formats#Excel_XML_Spreadsheet_example