poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: CTTblPr doesn't contain methods for operating with tblCaption
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 06:45:33 GMT
Read the following with some care as I am not one of the developers of the
api but have been around for a while, having the chance to acquire some
information. I am confident that if I am incorrect. someone else will post
the correct information.

If you are working with the OOXML layer that underpins the api - those
classes with names starting CT - it is not possible just to add or remove
methods from them. These classes are all generated automatically from the
schema for the xml markup - on a fairly regular basis I understand - and so
any manual changes will be simply overwritten. My advice would be - if you
have not already done exactly this - to create a document using Word and
then unzip it. Once you have the raw xml markup to hand, you can dig around
in the files and identify the name of the element(s) you are interested in;
this often gives a clue to the OOXML class you need.