poi-user mailing list archives

From crane <807260...@qq.com>
Subject sax get nothing but numbers from a large excel2007 and sharedStrings.xml is empty
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:06:40 GMT
Hi,

I am using Apache SAX (Event API) to process xlsx file (size-167 MB with
around 7 lakh records).

I want to upload this data to database. However, it gets nothing but
numbers. String can't be read unless  the xlsx file is edited and saved. And
I hava a lot of xlsx files like this to be processed everyday.

As far as I know,strings are stored in sharedStrings.xml.
However,the sharedStrings.xml is 1 KB before i edit and save the xlsx file.
<http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719797/before.jpg>

After that, it's 90.8 KB.
<http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719797/after.jpg>

Any one please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.