poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Create ppt Using potx- File Corrupted Error
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:43:39 GMT
Not to speak for Andi but I think he is saying that simply changing the file
extension is not enough to 'tell' Powerpoint that it is dealing with a pptx
and not a potx. So, when you try to open the file, Powerpoint is confused
and is flagging up an error.

Unsure just what to change within the potx file, Andi is suggesting that you
use Powerpoint to open up your template file and then re-save it as a pptx
file. You then use this pptx file as the input to your code rather than
using the potx file.

What would be interesting is to conduct a couple of experiments.

1) Simply change the name of your template file - give it a pptx extension
and then try to open it with Powerpoint. What happens then?
2) Open the template file with Powerpoint and resave it as a pptx file.
Unzip them both and see what the difference is between them. I suspect that
there is a piece of metadata somewhere in the markup that informs Powerpoint
which type of file it is dealing with. If you could isolate this, it should
be possible to use the lower level api underpinning POI to chnage the value
appropriately.