poi-user mailing list archives

From <P.A.Hol...@airedale.com>
Subject RE: Using Apache POI in a commercial module
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 10:41:15 GMT
Hello again

Apologies for the lengthy email, I'm hoping to make sure that we are complying correctly with
the Apache license requirements before deploying our software.

We will shortly be deploying our commercial module (JAR file) within our end customer's Java
based environment.

We are using Apache POI to open/edit/save Excel files using primarily the following packages:

        org.apache.poi.openxml4j.*
        org.apache.poi.ss.*
        org.apache.poi.xssf.*

The following Apache libraries are compiled inside our JAR file, so the deployment unit is
just our single JAR:

        poi-3.12-20150511.jar
        poi-ooxml-3.12-20150511.jar
        poi-ooxml-schemas-3.12-20150511.jar
        xmlbeans-2.6.0.jar

We will be installing the JAR file within the customer's system ourselves. The application
is designed to run in an automated fashion (it produces monthly reports), so the customer
does not have direct access to the JAR file, and our application is not intended to be extended
by any other developers.

Compiling with Eclipse has automatically inserted several "LICENSE.txt" and "NOTICE.txt" files
into our JAR, there seem to be 2 versions of each which are similar to each other, please
see attached.

Is there anything else that we need to do before deployment, to ensure we are complying with
the license?

Thanks for any help,

Kind regards

Phil

This message is confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or used by anyone other than the
addressee. If you receive this message in error, please advise us immediately by return email
and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
secure. Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd does not accept responsibility for changes
to any e-mail which occur after the e-mail has been sent. Attachments to this e-mail may contain
software viruses which could damage your systems. Airedale International Air Conditioning
Ltd have checked the attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check them
before opening. Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd is registered in England and Wales,
registered office: Leeds Road, Rawdon, Leeds LS19 6JY, UK, company number: 1173149