poi-user mailing list archives

From John Ruschmeyer <jruschme...@eoir.com>
Subject Re: Question about embedded video in PPTX files
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:51:29 GMT
Thanks for the sample. It got me past my problem of embedding the file more than once.

Now I’m trying to work through starting the video at a specific time point. At first, I
thought the problem was that the <bmkLst> element needed a <bmk> element, but
that just gets me a file which needs repair. Then the repair strips out the bookmark.

Any idea which versions of PowerPoint support starting and stopping mid-video?

Thanks again…
John

> On Apr 6, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
>> Technical Question: Is it possible to have a single copy of a video file in a PPTX
file and to embed it in more than one slide?

> Technical Answer: yes ;) -> http://pastebin.com/3kmT6ufk
>
> This is working as expected in MS Powerpoint Viewer - haven't tested in a normal Powerpoint.
> Maybe you want to jump to certain timestamps within the video on different slides.
> You would need to add then the corresponding timing settings + the marker (already included
in the sample).
> As this is a bit lengthy, simply create a sample presentation with the timing settings
for starting and stopping the videos, save it as pptx and have a look at the resulting xml.

in http://www.xuggle.com/downloads