poi-user mailing list archives

From kiwiwings <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about embedded video in PPTX files
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:27:57 GMT
John Ruschmeyer wrote
> Any idea which versions of PowerPoint support starting and stopping
> mid-video?

You have to add the timing elements which are kinda recursive, for each
following presentation step.

I've got PowerPoint 2010 on my project laptop and the mid-video jumps were
working,
e.g. I had two videos on the same page:
1st click start from 5th second on first video
2nd click stop first video
3rd click start from 10th second on second video
4th click stop second video

I did the setting up in PowerPoint. The resulting video didn't have control
overlays on the video.

Furthermore I guess not all video formats are randomly accessable.
I would open the videos in Quicktime and see if it's possible to start
mid-video.

Andi