poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: XSSFWorkbook File constructor not defined in 3.11
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:49:41 GMT
On Tue, 3 Mar 2015, Zac Harvey wrote:
> When that runs, you'll get:
>
> About to read a file into a handler.
> File C:\Users\myuser\sample.xlsx read into a handler.
> groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for:
> org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook(java.io.File)
>    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeConstructor(MetaClassImpl.java:1723)

I think this must be a groovy bug - the constructor is really there!
https://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFWorkbook.html#XSSFWorkbook%28java.io.File%29

I'd suggest you try to produce the smallest possible groovy project that
shows the problem, then use that as the basis of a bug report to groovy.
Since it works fine with Java, there's not much more we can help you with
here, sorry

Nick