poi-user mailing list archives

From Jose Amoros <jamo...@krfs.com>
Subject Unable to save a file exported by Jasper Report using OPCPackage for encryption
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:25:13 GMT
Greetings

I am trying to encrypt a file I exported using the jasper reports library. I am using the
OPCPackage as the Apache POI site recommends. A tutorial using the code from the site is here:
http://www.quicklyjava.com/create-password-protected-excel-using-apache-poi/ .

I am able to open the file however the class field packageProperties is not set because it
cannot find the 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.core-properties+xml'. part. So he
issue is that when I try to save the file it throws an exception because OPCPackage.packageProperties
is null from trying to find the part: 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.core-properties+xml'.

If I save the file from Excel, the library works correctly. Running it through libreoffice
allows for the file to work as well.

I asked the question in stackoverflow ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28593223/apache-poi-opcpackage-unable-to-save-jasper-report-generated-xlsx
) and a user response says it is POI that is the issue, I think that Jasper Reports may be
the culprit for not including the core-properties.

My question is, is there a workaround for this within the Apache POI library?

I am currently using version 3.11. The classes in question are OPCPackage (used to open the
file/stream) and ZipPackage (to save the file after encryption #saveImpl)

Thank you!