poi-user mailing list archives

From Yusuf Karagöl <yusufkarago...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Checking Data Validations
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:19:32 GMT
Hi,For specific reasons in our previous project, we had to check cell values according to data
validations of the cells. So we implemented a code that checks the sheets by using data validation
rules of that sheet. All you need to call the following interface for each sheet:List<ValidationResult>
validateSheet(XSSFSheet sheet);

Programs (like Excel) prevent users to enter invalid values to the cells, but cannot prevent
users to copy&paste invalid values to the cells. So the project needed to check data validations
of submitted files.
Actually using an independent meta-data checker to check cells is much safer solution. But
if anyone accepts the solution I provided, can use my code. I'm rewriting it on git-hub: https://github.com/ykaragol/poi-data-validation
Code needs some improvements such as implementing functional data validations, clearer return
messages, maybe better api... I'll continue on it.