poi-user mailing list archives

From bhames50 <bha...@govsg.com>
Subject Resubmit to application when user clicks on "Enable Editing"
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:28:44 GMT
I have written code using Apache POI to create an Excel spreadsheet, and it
appears to create the spreadsheet fine. But, when the user clicks on "Enable
Editing", the spreadsheet does another submit to my application, and since
it is in another session, my application rejects the request, and I end up
with a blank spreadsheet.

It only happens when the user "opens" the spreadsheet, and then clicks on
"Enable Editing". I realize why it is coming up in protected mode as the
spreadsheet was built in a temporary internet file, and that is regarded as
an "unsafe" place. What I don't understand is why the submit happens when
the user clicks on "Enable Editing".

Is there a way in POI to handle this, or if not, to turn off the "Open"
button making the user save the spreadsheet before viewing it?

I know that the protected mode can be turned off in Excel, but my users are
using computers with VERY restricted policies, and this is not an option for
them. I'm using Spring MVC by the way, and the Excel spreadsheet is
submitting back to my controller.