poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Unexpected eval type (also Google Sheets question)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 20:01:28 GMT
On Tue, 2 Dec 2014, Blake Watson wrote:
> There seems to be two problems (testing this in Google Sheets): MATCH
> doesn't like having the page expressed on the end part of the range. This
> does not work:
>
> =MATCH(TRUE,Sh1!$L$27:Sh1!$L$38,0)
>
> But this does:
>
> =MATCH(TRUE,Sh1!$L$27:$L$38,0)

Ranges of that form are a pretty recent bit of support in POI. Can you try
parsing just "Sh1!$L$27:Sh1!$L$38" to the formula parser, and compare the
Ptgs you get out to those for "Sh1!$L$27:$L$38"? That'll tell us if it's a
formula parser limitation, or a Match one

> Also, MATCH does not like having OFFSET specifying the starting part of the
> range. So, this (removing the sheet specification):
>
> =(MATCH(TRUE,OFFSET($L$27,I20,0):$L$38,0))
>
> Does not work. Neither does SUM:
>
> =SUM(OFFSET($L$27,I20,0):$L$38,0)

What about OFFSET on its own - does that evaluate correctly in POI? Can
you attach a debugger and find out what sort of Eval that Offset returns?

Nick