poi-user mailing list archives

From Erick Lichtas <ELich...@linoma.com>
Subject RE: No Such Method Error Upgrading Trom 3.10 To 3.11
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:10:50 GMT
Hi,

Do you perhaps have conflicting POI jar files in the JRE's ext directory that are conflicting
with the newly upgraded libraries? Unfortunately this is common on the IBM i where developers
place files in directories like /QIBM/Userdata/Java400/ext or /QOpenSys/Userdata/Java400/ext
(depending on which JVM you are using).  This is a global JVM classpath where if JARs are
added here, will affect every Java application using that JVM. Assuming this is your problem,
I recommend checking the ext directories for all JVMs on the system as we've seen them cross
referenced before (i.e. the 32bit JVM will load ext libs from the 64bit JVM ext directory).

Regards,
Erick

-----Original Message-----
From: tjfbirch [mailto:tjfbirch@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:59 AM
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: No Such Method Error Upgrading Trom 3.10 To 3.11

After replacing the 3.10 poi jars with 3.11 I have the error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax/xml/stream/XMLEventFactory.newFactory()Ljavax/xml/stream/XMLEventFactory
This is running on an IBM i with java version 1.6. Reverting back to the
3.10 jars fixes the error. I've googled this error but am having trouble determining a path
forward.
Thank You.